Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Argyle Sweaters and Loud Paisley Ties

He may be wearing an argyle sweater
He may be wearing a loud paisley tie
He may be wearing a t-shirt from a band you've never heard of
But underneath it all...he's naked.

He may offend you with his choice of words
He may offend you with his tone of voice
He may offend you because he challenges you
He may offend you...but listen.

He may inspire you with his passion
He may move you with his honesty
He may motivate you with his provocations
Let him.

He may leave you feeling uplifted
He may leave you feeling downhearted
He may leave you feeling disgusted
But he will leave you feeling.

And you may believe him to be strange
You may believe him to be an oddball
You may believe him to be a misfit
But you may not be as "normal" as you believe.

And I may be wearing an argyle sweater
I may be wearing a loud paisley tie
I may be wearing a t-shirt from a band you've never heard of
Still, I'm baring it all before you.

And I may offend you with my choice of words
I may offend you with my tone of voice
I may offend you because I challenge you
But give me a chance and you just might like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated due to spam comments on my other blogs.