Monday, October 2, 2017

Heather

Heather, will you sit with me a little longer?
Will you stay and talk with me some more?
For without you, this room is just a little too empty
Even with all of these other warm bodies.

Heather, I will sit with you a little longer
I will stay and talk with you some more
For I know that if I leave, I will leave you alone
In a room full of unfamiliar faces.

Heather, let us have another glass, but not too many
No sorrows to drink away for now
Heather, let us dance while the players entertain us
And be assured that we're not playing along

For you may not be my number one
And I may not be your number one
But we are each other's top picks tonight.
And if you're not the one I need
You're the one I need right now --
I guess you could say the same to me.

Heather, will you embrace me a little bit more?
Will you make me feel appreciated?

Heather, I will embrace you a little bit more
I will make you feel appreciated.

For when these few hours are over, and we've said our fond goodnights
The special will give way to the mundane
So let us toast to the special
And forget the mundane
Before we both must fade away into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated due to spam comments on my other blogs.