Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Cognitive Dissonance

They taught me to be ashamed
Then they told me to be proud.

They taught me to follow
Then they told me to lead.

They taught me to be silent
Then they told me to speak up.

They taught me what to think
Then they told me to think for myself.

They taught me to hate
Then they told me to love.

They taught me to hate love
Then they told me to make love.

They taught me to hate myself
Then they told me to love myself.

They taught me to hate my body
Then they told me to flaunt it.

They taught me to hate my mind
Then they told me to use it.

They taught me bald-faced lies
Then they told me to be honest.

And though they told me to do as they said...
They taught me to do anything but.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated due to spam comments on my other blogs.